[Travelandtourism] Disabled Getting into National Parks Free

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Thu Apr 29 17:39:26 UTC 2010

I have no idea about the ins and outs of this policy, but I have to say that
I am really uncomfortable with accepting a free pass because I'm blind.

I guess I feel like it's a statement that either I'm a sorry case that
really could use some cheering up or perhaps I can't see so won't enjoy the
park anyway.   It makes me feel like less of a person, like I'm not a fully
contributing member of society.

I don't think I would accept free stuff on the sole basis of blindness.

JMO
Julie