[Travelandtourism] New Law in NY State for Drivers effective January 1, 2011

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 19:31:22 UTC 2010

from the AAA of New York State

New York States has adopted the Move Over Act of 2011 already being observed
in 47 other states.

It is a New York State Law to pull over to the side of the road for passing
emergency vehicles, but beginning January 1, 2011, drivers will be required
to abide by the additional law: The Ambrose-Searles Move Over Act.  This law
require all drivers to change lanes when approaching a parked emergency
vehicle whose lights are flashing, if they fail to do so, drivers will face
fines up to $150 and a state surcharge of $85.

What is your thoughts on this?

I feel this is a great law, especially here in NY. I don't even mean New
York City, I am in Suffolk County, about a 45 minute drive from the city,
and people drive like nuts and don't care about emergency vehicles at all.
So this is a great law.

http://Echevarriatravel.com
1-866-580-5574
Reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise and Travel Inc.

join my yahoogroup
echevarriatravel-subscribe at yahoogroups.com