[Travelandtourism] A reqquest from National Braille Press

Ted Shelly tshelly at optonline.net
Sat Feb 13 20:20:01 UTC 2010

Hello,

I recently received the request below from NBP.  I explained that I am not
the moderator of the NFB Travel and Tourism list, but I promised to pass the
request on.  If there is someone in charge of this list and/or the NFB
division, Diane would appreciate a reply at mailto:dcroft at nbp.org

Hi Ted,

We are getting ready to publish Wendy David's new book, "Sites Unseen:
Traveling the World Without Sight" (copyright 2010). There is an extensive
resource list in the back. We would like to include your travel and tourism
list serv. I assume it would go best in the chapter on Social Travel
Networks. I include a few sample listings. If you would like to be included,
please send me a short blurb. There is no charge. Thanks, Diane

Chapter 18
Get Connected: Social-Travel Networks
Social networking is a popular way to connect with others, and it is no
different in the travel arena. Here are some sites to help you connect with
other travelers of like minds, interests, and even budgets. The first list
is geared specifically for people with disabilities; the second includes
more general networking sites. They may all offer some interesting
information and insights to the world of travel.
 Disability Travel and Networking Sites
1. Access-Able Travel Source
www.access-able.com
Email: access-able at home.com
An online resource that contains general information about travel for people
with disabilities, and links to travel-related magazines, access guides,
transportation, travel agencies and more. The Travel Database allows for
searches by country, state, city, disability, and attraction, and includes
accessibility provisions as well as Travel Tales, a collection of the good,
the bad and the ugly that real travelers with disabilities have encountered.
 2. Access Anything
www.accessanything.blogspot.com <http://www.accessanything.blogspot.com/>
Authors Andy and Craig Kennedy of Colorado provide interesting blogs and
news about the world of accessible sports and travel.

Diane Croft
VP/Publishing
National Braille Press
617.266.6160 ext. 421