[Travelandtourism] Celine Dion's Return to Caesars in Las Vegas

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 16 12:04:10 UTC 2010

She has an awesome show.  Just to hear her voice, I made Nelson take me to
see it in Las Vegas as soon as I was well from my transplant.

Celine Dion's return to Caesars could help economy -- in 2011

By: Damon Hodge

February 16, 2010

Confirming what's been one of the city's worst-kept secrets, Canadian
songstress Celine Dion recently announced on Oprah Winfrey's show that she's
returning to the Strip with a three-year residency at the Colosseum, the
very stadium Caesars Palace officials built for her first Vegas run. That's
the good news. The bad news: Dion's shows don't start until March 2011. Las
Vegas could certainly use those shows right about now.

Though the Southern Nevada Index of Leading Economic Indicators showed
year-over-year improvement in gaming revenue and visitor volume for the
first few months of 2010, the city's unemployment rate still hovers around
13%, much higher than the national average of 10%. The state's $881 million
budget deficit has cities and counties scrambling to cut spending between
10% to 20% to avoid layoffs.

Enter Dion, whose five-year run of sell-out shows at the 4,100-seat
Colosseum was a boon for Caesars. She was a one-woman job creation machine,
employing dozens of people. According to a press release, the new show will
premiere on March 15, 2011, and feature 31 musicians, consisting of a full
orchestra and band. The concept will focus on capturing the romance of
classic Hollywood movies.

"I'm coming back home to the Colosseum at Caesars Palace, and I'm very
excited about it," Dion said in a statement. "With the orchestra and the
band, we're going to be able to perform our songs like never before. The
repertoire is going to be extraordinary ... a mix of timeless Hollywood
classics, along with all the favorites that my fans like to hear me sing.

"It's going to be a very beautiful show, and I think we'll be raising the
bar higher than we've ever done before."

"Caesars Palace is thrilled to welcome Celine's fans from all over the
world," said Gary Selesner, president of Caesars. "I can't overstate the
excitement among our team members, guests and partners, all of whom consider
Celine and her husband Rene [Angelil] special members of the Caesars Palace
family."

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Travel Consultant
http://Echevarriatravel.com