[Travelandtourism] Bad news for Atlanta/Miami travelers: Airtran to end flying the route, watch airfares soar! (via @TodayInTheSky)

Peachtree Travel info at peachtreetravel.net
Tue Sep 14 14:09:23 UTC 2010

"Low-fare AirTran Airways is cutting back its already small presence in
Miami." That's the word from The Miami Herald, which reports that the
low-cost carrier will end its Atlanta-Miami route on Oct. 7.

But AirTran is not pulling out of Miami altogether; It will continue to
operate its daily nonstop flight between Miami and Baltimore/Washington.

As for the soon-to-end Miami-Atlanta service, AirTran spokesman Christopher
White tells the Herald that the carrier sensed better opportunities on other
routes. "We utilize our planes more than every other airline," he tells the
paper. "We have to be very judicious in the routes that we pick.''

American and Delta will be the only companies offering nonstop service on
the route once AirTran pulls out.

Maurice

We know that you have a choice in choosing a Travel Partner and truly
appreciate that you have selected Peachtree Travel.

Independent Travel Consultant
http://www.Peachtreetravel.net
(phone) 888-389-2723
(fax) 888-563-4698