[Travelandtourism] {Disarmed} What do you think about this article Dinner train story in the Columbia Tribune in Missouri

Jaquiss, Robert RJaquiss at nfb.org
Tue Aug 9 11:54:47 UTC 2011

Hello:
     This is an interesting article. I am of two minds regarding this situation. I certainly hope this venture gets off the ground, and that they get an accessible train car. It would have been better if they had obtained an accessible car in the first place, but could they have started their enterprise. Living in Baltimore, I often come across inaccessible public places. I can think right off of two restaurants that are not accessible. They are in old buildings and retrofitting these places would be very difficult and very expensive.

Regards,

Robert

Robert Jaquiss
National Federation of the Blind