[Travelandtourism] Our Trip to Walt Disney World Day 1 - November 30, 2011

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 12:42:19 UTC 2011

We just returned from our trip to Walt Disney World. I went with my 22 year
old daughter, and we had such a blast, and yes I did try out the new GPS
system headphones, there are still some quirks with it, but they seem to
take my advice and I will hopefully be writing something up for them as
well.

When we left NY, it was warmer here then in Orlando.

Some advice when traveling anytime after the summer months, I would take a
light jacket, sweaters, etc., if it gets warmer in the day take them off.

I would also get a backpack to use while in the parks and the resorts, you
will need it. don't use a shopping back or tote, a lot easier with the back
pack.  Also, pack, really good walking shoes (you will be doing a lot of
walking), if you can't walk that well or long distances, you can rent
scooters at any of the theme parks and resorts you are staying at, they is a
small fee, but well worth it. I even used a wheelchair one night, only
because my feet hurt, but I used to for about 2 hours. Don't be a hero, use
it if you have to.  To see everything, which we did, we were not there for a
week, so we had enough time to see all the parks, and visit some of the
other resorts and take pictures and some videos. So we were at the parks
from opening until they closed.  If you have little ones, I would recommend
a longer trip, for a day of rest or at least some time to go back to the
resort and take a nap.

Remember Walt Disney World has 4 theme parks (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT -
Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow, Hollywood Studios, and Animal
Kingdom). We were here back in 2009, but we didn't see as much as we saw
this visit, only because we were there in August, and to hot.  The best time
to visit is actually the time we went, last few days of November early
December. Off season prices, and they are decorated for the Holidays, well
worth the trip.  Also remember you can book your vacation 599 days prior to
arrival.  You put $200.00 total down as a deposit and payments as long as
your make final payment 45 days prior to arrival, you can pay as much or as
little as possible, and remember if you book with me you get a discount as
well, plus, I can make all your dining reservations, and anything extra you
want to do.  Also, if Disney is having promotions during anytime we can
adjust your reservations. Let's say they are having free dining during the
time you are going, we can adjust your reservation either add dining, or
make it free.

One thing about the dining plans, they do not include tipping, so make sure
when you are eating that you need to pay the tips.

You MUST make your dining reservations at least 180 days prior to arrival,
you may not get into the restaurants you want, and we found out the hard
way, we were looking for dining one night and everything was booked.

Need help in making dining options just let me know.

Anyway, we used the Magical Express once we got into Orlando, when making
reservations for Walt Disney, definitely use there magical express service,
if you are staying at the resorts in Disney.

What is the advantage of this service, when you receive all your documents
for Disney, you get collection luggage name tags, ever year they are
different, and also the luggage tags for the airport with your name on it,
and which hotel.  What you can do with the Magical Express Service is that
you can once your luggage is put on your plane where ever you are leaving
from, it you can have it delivered to your room, so you don't have to pick
it up at the baggage claim, you just have to when you get off the plane,
just ask for the way to Disney Magical Express, if you need assistance ask
for it they will direct you to it, on your paperwork, it will say which
resort you are staying at, and you will proceed to that bus.

I would take a carry on bag, so in case you want to go swimming, or change
your clothes for the evening you have it, and especially medication, and
cameras.  It will take about 3 hours after you arrive that you luggage will
follow.

We left NY about 7AM and arrived in Orlando about 10:30, got on the bus by
10:45am. It is about a 20-25 bus ride to Walt Disney World.

We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort - Most of the resorts have separate
buildings in each one, I would suggest that if you are disabled or have
people that need to be near everything, that you stay at the Trinidad North
buildings, Only because you have the Bus stop (will explain later these
options), beach front area, food area, and shopping)

When staying at Walt Disney World Resorts they have 3 levels of resorts

The Value Resorts - Amenities at value-priced resorts include food courts,
pizza delivery, luggage service (hourly), swimming pools, bus
transportation.

They are decorated mostly for the little ones. The names of the resorts are
 All-Star Movies, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, and Pop Century (they
also have 5th one opening first phase of the resort is May 2012)

Next level:

Moderate Resorts: Amenities at moderate-priced resorts include full-service
restaurants, food courts, room service (limited), luggage service, swimming
pools with a slide and hot tub, on-site recreation, bus or boat
transportation. Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside,
Port Orleans French Quarter and Ft. Wilderness Cabins.

We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort:

for those that are elderly or disabled)

The CBR has 2,112 guest rooms in 33 colorful 2-story buildings on the shores
of a 42 acre lake. The buildings are grouped in 6 villages: Barbados,
Martinique, Aruba, Jamaica, Trinidad North, and Trinidad South. Each village
has 6 buildings, except for Trinidad North, which has 3 buildings. Each
building contains 64 guest rooms. Each village has its own pool, white sand
beach with hammocks and playground, laundry facilities, bus stop, and
parking area. There are no elevators in any of the buildings. Guests who are
unable to use stairs should request 1st floor rooms. All common facilities
are wheelchair accessible.

The centerpiece of CBR is its 45-acre lake, Barefoot Bay, surrounded by a
1.4-mile promenade which connects to winding paths leading to all guest
rooms and common areas. The promenade is superb for strolling, jogging, and
bicycling. In the center of the lake is Caribbean Cay, an island with a
picnic area and beautiful foliage. Caribbean Cay is connected to the
promenade on each side by a footbridge. The lake, island, lush vegetation,
colorful buildings, and attractive landscaping combine to create a feast for
the eye and spirit. Tip: arrange for a Mickey-delivered wake-up call, and
then go jogging or for a stroll on the promenade at sunrise - it makes you
feel how great it is to be alive.

Third and Final Level is

Deluxe Resorts: Amenities include full-service restaurants, room service,
luggage service, valet parking, swimming pools, beach access, on-site
recreation, on-site childcare, monorail, boat or bus transportation. Animal
Kingdom Lodge, BoardWalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian,
Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club and Beach Club, and the Walt Disney World Swan
and Dolphin.

When we were in Disney in 2009 we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, it was
well worth the price, if you love animals, we had our room over looking the
Giraffe area, and they come up almost to your room when they are eating.
They are a little further back then when they originally opened this resort,
because people were feeding the animals, big no no.

We did take walks around the BoardWalk, Grand Floridian and Polynesian
resort while we were there, all the resorts are decorated different for the
holidays, again, another plus when staying at the resorts in the park, you
can visit any of the resorts on property.

I would highly recommend if you want to go to Walt Disney World, that you
stay there, I know many people who stay outside the resorts, but for the
transportation that is included in your stay and the other options that it
is well worth it, if you need to rent a car for the day to do things off
property they can accommodate that as well.

There is so much to see and do.

Anyway, when we got there. We couldn't wait to go. We were like big kids.
We love Disney.

Anyway, we took our bus.

Now the bus system, each resort has buses that go to the parks as well as
Downtown Disney (also part of the parks not separate).

Our room was about less then 1 minute walk to our bus stop,, so on the bus
it says where it is going to (either Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom,
Hollywood Studios, ESPN Wide World of Sports, Typhoon Lagoon (Water Park),
Blizzard Beach (Water Park) during this time of the year, they usually close
due to renovations, or just to cold or Downtown Disney or you can ask the
bus driver, I did notice that they don't announce the bus when they arrive
at your stop, for those of you who are blind, I will contacting guest
services on this. Buses come every few minutes, also at the parks, they
leave every 20 minutes to go back to your resort, unless it is closing time
and then they come more often.

We took the bus to the Magical Kingdom and then we took the Disney Train, if
you love trains, old fashioned Steam Engines, this is the one for you. We
weren't spending the day here yet, but we were going to tour the other
resorts around MK which stands for Magic Kingdom, just some information and
less typing. At MK, you can take the famous Monorail, which takes you to the
Contemporary Resort, which the Monorail goes through the resort. Then off to
Polynesian Resort, then the Grand Floridian.

So we took the train, it takes you around the park. We had to make sure we
were there, by see MK.  I will give full description later on, we were there
on the 2nd of December.

After the train, we took the Monorail to the Grand Floridian.

Here is the description of the Resort:

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa (GF) is a 900-room facility located
on the shores of Seven Seas Lagoon and is located directly southwest, and
one monorail stop, from the Magic Kingdom (MK). It occupies 40 acres and is
styled in a turn-of-the-century Victorian theme. The red and white structure
features gabled roofs and a five-story Grand Lobby, topped with a stained
glass ceiling and chandeliers. The atmosphere is elegant, but in a Disney
way, so as not to be overbearing. The GF opened in August 1988 as WDW's 5th
resort hotel. It is considered the flagship of all WDW resorts

The reason why I wanted to go here is because for the holidays they have a
life size Gingerbread House, I do have photos, and will be posting them with
description, some time along the way. But they will be in order of our trip.

Also, this is the perfect resort if you want to get Married in Disney.  They
have Monorail to MK, or the Boat, which we took, it was nice it doesn't go
fast, and those that get seasick, it is not that type of boat, very
relaxing, and calm moving. Great way to get around.

>From there we went to the Polynesian Resort.  We had dining at our favorite
show, the Spirit of Aloha, and if you want to watch a traditional and real
South Pacific entertainment and real Luau food come here you will not be
disappointed. It is part of the Disney Dining Package or you can pay
separately.

Description of both

Disney's Polynesian Resort is an 847-room resort located on the shores of
Seven Seas Lagoon. It is situated directly south, and two monorail stops,
from the Magic Kingdom. The Polynesian occupies 39 acres and is styled as a
South Pacific paradise, complete with beaches, tropical landscaping,
waterfalls, and bamboo tiki torches. The Great Ceremonial House is the
center of the resort, serving as both lobby and focal point of the area. The
Polynesian is a Disney Deluxe Resort, but the atmosphere is very casual and
family-oriented.

Polynesian Resort Motto: Aiita Peatea which means "There will be another day
tomorrow, just like today."

It was one of the 2 resorts that opened on Opening Day on October 1, 1971.
40th Anniversary this year.

Polynesian rooms are located in one of 11 different buildings called
longhouses. Each one is either 2- or 3-stories high. All rooms are accessed
through interior hallways.

A standard room at the Polynesian includes two queen-size beds, a day bed,
an armoire, a very small table, and two chairs. Typical rooms are 409 square
feet and have a maximum occupancy of five persons, plus one child under the
age of 3. All rooms come equipped with an iron, ironing board, small
refrigerator and a hair dryer.

Suites are located exclusively in the Tonga longhouse. They can accommodate
between four and six people

Celebrate the spirit of aloha, as well as the sights, sounds and tastes of
timeless Polynesia. Enjoy traditional Polynesia music as well as the
Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride from Lilo and Stitch in an open air theater.

FYI - for detailed information on anything about the parks, please go to
allears.net, the best place to know everything about Walt Disney,
Disneyland, the new Alunai (Hawaii Location), and Disney Cruise Lines. I
know the owner of the website, and I have done some writing for the blog for
people who are disabled.

Great place to learn everything.

I even use it for my clients.

So we walked through the resort, not anything special for the holidays, had
a tree, and music, but nothing spectacular, we were early, and had a drink
by the pool, and then went to the show. We went back to the room after the
show, we were pooped.

Anyway, that was the first day, stayed tuned for tomorrow for December 1 at
Animal Kingdom.

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

For daily updates read our blog at
http://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com