[Travelandtourism] : A Christmas Memory, Edaville Railroad

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 24 23:38:27 UTC 2011

Good evening everyone,

Earlier this afternoon I sent the following message to Ray Brown. He hosts a
classical show on WGBH in Boston Massachusetts. Since they've been playing
holiday music Brown also invited listeners to share with the radio audience
their favorite holiday memories. I sent in a description of a railroad
museum and theme park located in South Carver called "Edaville Railroad." To
get in a little passive advocacy I mentioned that a blind person need not
rely on site to enjoy public attractions such as museums and theme parks.

        Mary and I were excited when Mr. Brown read my message on air. He
read the note as I sent it to him. This is what we as blind people want
isn't it? He went on to say that he too along with his family visited
Edaville many times since he grew up in Rhode Island.

    Brown also corrected some information I heard that Edaville had closed.
He assured me along with other listeners that Edaville Railroad is very much
open. It recently came under new ownership. He didn't say anything about any
plans for the park's future. Here is the message: