[Travelandtourism] NASA Kennedy Space Center Advice

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:54:29 UTC 2011

FYI Tracy, I took a group on Saturday the 9th, they were rude, nasty and didn't want us there, I would recommend other places until I speak to Dr. Maurer and some other people from Kennedy as well, They are not accessible to us. I even had a couple from that wend on the 2nd prior to Convention. I had not left for the Florida yet was packing to leave and they called me from there, I had booked them to the kennedy space center.  Anyway, when they got there they called me. She was crying, she said she was told that they couldn't come in.

I asked to speak to the person who told them that.  I said what was the problem, they had the correct tickets, I was told yes, but did I know that the couple was blind, I said yes, I said that I was also blind and I am bringing a group of 20+ people to the Kennedy Space Center on the 9th, well we don't have a sighted guide or braille for them. I said we know that so what is the problem, unbeknownst to her the wife of the couple was legally blind and could find her way around.  They went through and had a so so time.

I hope this helps, I will be writing an article for Braille Monitor, and have already written Dr. Maurer on this.  One of my first tasks as the President of this division and hope to get my board on top of this as well.

We had a few sighted people with us and they were treated as dirt as well.

http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.