[Travelandtourism] (no subject)

Cari Kness carisuekness at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 03:46:33 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,
This is Cari Ford. I joined the list last night at the request of Cheryl. I
read the July archives and found some interesting subjects. Normally, I'd
respond to each message as a separate subject but since I'm new to the list,
I will respond briefly to each subject of interest.
First, congrats to Cheryl for president of the division. How do you join?
Can dues be paid via paypal? I wasn't able to make it to the meeting in
Orlando.
Second: In response to kids being banned from airplane first class or having
kid free flights is totally awful. Loud children can be heard throughout the
cabin no matter where they sit. I do not have kids but they do have the
right to travel with their families. I hope the airline doesn't make a big
deal. Even some families need to be on the red eye if that's all they can
afford. What a violation to basic rights to move about.
Next: KSC: I will post our story in another post.
Finally, regarding the airlines treatment of blind and other disabilities:
Peter, I'm sorry you went through the experiences you did on the way home.
Not only did they treat you and other people of your size, their treatment
must be embarrassing. Was it the same airlines that treated Cheryl and her
dog poorly? Brent and I didn't have any problems with air Tran. In the past,
I've mostly had good experiences with security. I sometimes have to explain
to the airport person assisting me that once I give my cane, I need a little
extra help. Most security people are pretty good. I get confused when and
where the lines are and when to put my stuff in the tray. Once I get to the
scanner, they are pretty helpful.  I'm aware that dog users don't always get
the greatest treatment and they have problems educating security employees
of the proper procedures. I am appalled that airline officials treat larger
people so badly. That's a double dose of everything.
Peace,
Cari