[Travelandtourism] Social Flights Sanity Saving Holiday Travel Tips

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Thu Nov 17 14:50:12 UTC 2011

Good morning again everyone,

Since we're discussing airtravelk, it s benefits and problems here's the
perspective of a private air tharter operator. If you want to learn more
about Social Flights and how it's model works visit:
http://www.socialflights.com

    Mattis a great person. He's Social Flights CEO. We've talked on the
    phone and he usually answers my e-mail messages. Here is his article:

    Social Flights Sanity Saving Holiday Travel Tips
    <https://socialflights.com/blog/2011/11/17/social-flights-sanity-saving-holiday-travel-tips/>

by Matt Slosky

What is there not to like about the holidays? Eat too much, sleep too
much, maybe drink a little too much, all with those you love the most. I
will tell you what is not to like; GETTING THERE. We all know the
hassles of travel that we encounter the rest of the year, and that those
hassles are amplified during holiday season. Here are a couple of tips
Tracy Stewart from airfarewatchdog.com gave to lessen your stress during
your holiday flights
(http://www.fox19.com/story/16046463/10-survival-tips-for-holiday-travel)

  * *Show up early! Really /really/ early.*
  * *Spend a little money on a day pass for the airport lounge.*
  * *Get the extra legroom seat!*
  * *Don’t check a bag!*
  * *Don’t fritter away your miles on some dinky seat in economy!*

These tips are all great to help alleviate the pressures and contraints
of the current commercial airline model, but why not look to another
model which doesn’t require you to find ways around current problems.
Here are Matt Slosky’s Social Flights travel tips

  * *Show up close to your departure time, drive on the the tarmac and
    get on the aircraft. Why waste time sitting in a terminal when you
    don’t have to*
  * *Sit in a comfortable FBO lounge (Charter Terminal) and don’t pay a
    dime extra for special access. *
  * *Fly in style with plenty of legroom*
  * *Don’t pay extra for a checked bag. Load up and fly*
  * *Never fly economy again*

It is about time we start to look for better alternatives instead of
convincing ourselves that we can fly better ways to fly on a broken
system. Happy Holidays

Peter Donahue