[Travelandtourism] Australia, Hawaii, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, and the United Kingdom

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Mon Nov 21 03:20:21 UTC 2011

Hello Cheryl and everyone,

I don't know if NAGDU updated their information but I'll be sure we have the
latest information on the Travel and Tourism Web Site. I know for a fact
that the Irish, Japanese, and Singapore import requirements are not on their
site.

    Something I failed to mention is that only pets and service animals from
qualifying countries may enter these countries. For example guide dogs from
North America may enter Australia, Hawaii, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand,
Singapore and the UK as can guide and assistance dogs from other countries
that qualify for participation under their quarantine bypass policies. Guide
and service dogs from places such as the African countries along with
certain countries and territories in South America, and Asia would not
qualify for entry in to these nations without quarantine as the governments
of the UK, Australia, ETC currently require all animals from non-qualifying
countries to undergo quarantine.

    As for Jamaica and company perhaps there's a Mike Osborn on these
islands who could work with their governments to make direct entry of guide
and service dogs from the U.S. possible in the future. I hope we along with
NAGDU will support such an initiative should one be undertaken. All the
best.

Peter Donahue