[Travelandtourism] Blind Fishing: Lawrence Euteneier

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 12:21:45 UTC 2011

Hello all:

A new friend of mine, who I met at this year's national convention in Orlando, Dr. Scott Rains, he is not blind he is and if Scott is reading this can correct me if I am wrong he is a paraplegic, and does the Rolling Rains blog, and also was with the Benetech table and bookshare.

Scott fights for all disability rights in the way of the travel and tourism industry in a world wide area. currently he is in Barbados as the just like I am trying to do with the blind.

go to the website for more information about him and The Rolling Rains Report http://www.rollingrains.com/about/<http://www.rollingrains.com/about/>

Some information he has posted in his blog are wonderful, such as Fully Accessible Barbados is FAB, there are organization like the Barbados Council for the Blind, in fact Scott had a few people with him at convention this year from Barbados and Antigua. I am hoping to get him to speak to us at the 2012 Convention in Dallas. Just to let you know what is going on outside the US.

Now that I have your attention.

One of the activities that I love to do when I travel is go fishing.

Here is an entry from the rollingrains.com/travelogues/  thank you can enjoy from reading his website.

Makeover Suggestion 10: Adaptive Fishing in Barbados<http://www.rollingrains.com/travelogues/2011/09/makeover-10-adaptive-fishing-in-barbados.html>
By Scott Rains<http://www.rollingrains.com/> on September 17, 2011 8:18 PM | 0 Comments<http://www.rollingrains.com/travelogues/2011/09/makeover-10-adaptive-fishing-in-barbados.html#comments>
There are many people who find that fishing is more than just a hobby. It is a way of relaxing and enjoying what life is all about. The feeling of being outdoors is nothing short of perfect and should be enjoyed by everyone.  It has been proven that fishing increases attention span, offers social inclusion, a sense of achievement & motor skills development.

There are some wonderful global fishing destinations and the Caribbean is a favourite.  Aruba, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, St. Lucia, Bermuda  and Barbados all have the perfect setting for fishing itineraries.  Barbados, however, is the island taking the lead with it's "Fully Accessible Barbados" initiative. "Fishing is a fact of life" in Barbados so what better time to introduce "adaptive fishing" than now.

Here are some options which support the fact that fishing can, indeed, be enjoyed by everyone:

Blind Fishing:  Lawrence Euteneier

For those who are blind or have vision impairment, meet Lawrence Euteneier, - a gentleman who has been registered as blind since the age of 8 years old.

 Lawrence   specializes in arranging guided fishing adventures for persons with limited or no sight.

Lawrence says blind fishing is all about "feeling the bite".    He has spent his life researching and trialing gear and techniques proven effective for fishers with vision disabilities.  His guides are trained in sighted-guide techniques and blind etiquette.  Adventures can be arranged from one day to two weeks in length and can include equipment rental, sighted guide assistance, transportation, meals and Accommodation.

For those of us who are travel partners, this is a great person to let you clients know about.

Stayed tuned for more.

http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com<http://www.superiortravel.com/>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.