[Travelandtourism] ticket buying question

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin at gpcom.net
Sat Sep 24 01:38:05 UTC 2011

Now, I am speaking from personal experience, and it has been a while sense I
have flown.
It seemed the travel on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday was the least
expensive, with a Friday or Saturday night stay. If you could leave on
Thursday and return on Tuesday, that should be one of the least expensive
rates. Check for the time of the flight as well, it use to be that you could
get a lower rate by traveling at an off peak time of day, which I do not
recall when that was.
I have only flown 3 times sense 9 11, 2 of those were for a funeral.
Rates also depend on the time of year, and how many seats are already booked
on that flight. When we flew from Waterloo IA to Richmond VA, my wife and I
booked our tickets and about 5 minutes later, my brother-in-law tried to
book his, but his rate was $100 more for the exact same flight, and same
economy class seats.

Michael