[Travelandtourism] Travel Independence how do we feel about this, please read all of the e-mail

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:26:45 UTC 2011

I have just finished listening and watching the video of Dr. Jernigan at the
Dallas, 1993 Convention. The Presentation called The Nature of Independence.

Which I think all should try and make a point of listening to this, I am
always learning about the history of the NFB.

This is in reference to traveling independently, which may mean taking an
arm if it is being offered.

It doesn't mean you are not a good cane traveler, but it might be needed,
especially in an area that you may not be familiar with, etc.

Talking also about people getting testy to other who are offering the arm,
even if the area is a dangerous area they are in.

What this means to me?

It bring things to life, that yes I don't have to be ashamed to ask for help
if needed, also I am a guide dog, and as a guide dog, the dog is guiding, he
doesn't know a new area unless I have been there.

Case in point, Orlando Airport at this past Convention.  My dog has never
been there before, and I have been there but with other people, but I was
traveling alone, I asked for the help, knowing that I would need to meet my
shuttle at a certain time, where it was, how to get my luggage, etc.

These are things that we will be focusing on in this division independent
travel and NFB Philosophy.

Let's hear from you.

This video/audio will be available also on the nfb-travel.org website once
it is up and running.

To listen to this audio/video or to read the speech itself.

go to.

http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Speeches_and_Reports_Banquet_Speeches.asp?SnID=1806709198#Kenneth

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in
Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.