[Travelandtourism] Elections being held at National Convention July 1st at our Meeting

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 21:33:27 UTC 2012

To the members of the division.
At our National Convention, we will be having our division meeting on July 1st, from 1-4pm.
Positions currently being held by officers that need to be voted in at convention, or if you are interested in a position, in the Travel and Tourism Division.
Positions are interim, since I appointed these people after convention last year, when officers were not able to continue with there positions.
The other positions that are not up for elections are, President - I was voted in, in Orlando!  Treasurer - Milton Taylor will not be attending convention and willing to step down, should there be someone interested in this position.  Board Members Anahit LaBarre and Jamal Powell.
These positions are interim positions and need to be voted in.
1st Vice President Maurice Shackelford - GA2nd Vice President April Scheppe - WISecretary Mary Donahue - TX
Board Members - Peter Donahue and Daniel Carr
All those interested in running please be in attendance at convention.
Those interested the division is run like any other chapter, you do not need to be in the travel industry, just willing to help make a change in the travel industry for the blind, enjoy talking about travel, hopefully like to travel, and want to travel.
I hold monthly teleconference calls opened to all, board members must be present or at least give notice when not able to attend. and willing to be able to make month meetings, able to do trips (which we are working on), give input as to what we should be working on, etc.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentTravel and Tourism DivisionNational Federation of the Blind631-236-5138

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

For daily updates read our blog at
http://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com