[Travelandtourism] volunteer vacations?

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 23 12:57:13 UTC 2012

You nay want to speak to robert Newman or Karl Smith

Julie are you going to join the division and please remember our first meeting is Monday

Have a great day all

"Julie J." <julielj at neb.rr.com> wrote:

Hello all!

I'm already thinking of what I want to do for my next vacation.  It
won't be until next summer at the earliest, but I'm a bit over the top
about planning. *smile*

I'm interested in a volunteer experience based vacation.  I'm thinking
something outside of the Midwest, possibly outside of the U.S. that
would be working on a specific project to assist the local people with
something that will improve their lives.  My teenage son and I typically
travel together.  Neither of us has any particular skills involving
construction, digging wells,  and the like. We are not involved with any
church or mission group that sponsors this sort of activity. I am also
not interested in a religion based experience.

Has anyone done something like this?  Has anyone heard of opportunities
like this?  I'm not sure where to start looking or even what exactly to
call it.

Thanks!
Julie