[Travelandtourism] Why today is my favorite date of the year, August 23, 2005

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:01:17 UTC 2012

Good morning all friends and family:Today is the most important day of the year, yes even more then my marriage to my wonderful husband, Nelson; and the birth of my daughter, Dina.This date August 23, 2005, was 7 years ago today that my best friend in the whole world, Steve Caroll, gave me life, yes life.  I had been on dialysis from 2002-2005, on this faithful date, after not wanting to receive this special gift, but with 2 heart attacks while on dialysis, I might be able to survive the next one.I was reborn on this date, given back to me 3 1/2 years of my life.  I thank god ever day for it. My wonderful friend, Steve, passed away in January of 2010 from Lung Cancer and not from helping me in my time of need.This is the main reason, why I do what I do.Why we specialize in people with special needs and disabilities (they are not the same).Not only am I volunteer with the New York Organ Donor Network, but this is why we give back to the community, being the owner of my own company, member of the Brentwood Chamber of Commerce, being President of the National Federation of the Blind’s Travel and Tourism Division, why we are members of Lions International.To give back.Since 2009, we have done fundraiser cruises for the National Association of Guide Dog Users, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation – Cruise for a Cure, our 2nd Annual one is July 28-August 4, 2013. I lost my vision and kidney’s to this disease.  We also did a fundraiser for the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind and now doing a Fundraiser for the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey.And if you want to do a fundraiser for your own 501 c 3 organization, let me know at 631-456-5394 or reservations at echevarriatravel.comToday, I am posting all about my favorite place to travel to in the World. Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL, even as an adult who is blind, it is the magical place on earth for all.Enjoy and remember!  One day at a time, and enjoy your friends, family and the  gifts that we bring to each other.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!
SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Help fuel the "Dream Machine" of the Imagination Fund by visiting www.nfb.org/imaginationfund to make a donation using your credit card ortext the word "blind" to 85944 and you will automatically donate $10 worth of fuel via your cell phone bill.