[Travelandtourism] Clarifying health certificates

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 30 00:50:47 UTC 2012

Traveling to Canada via US.
You do not need a health certificate, you need to carry a copy of the vaccination records.
Another thing, USDA Health Certificates are good for 1 year, I find this when I have clients, cruising to the Caribbean, mostly, I have yet to have a client go to Europe with there guide dogs. I also give the information to NAGDU, hoping that they post the updates to the website, being a member of NAGDU.
Canada is not as strict, since many graduates of the schools come back and forth, when I first did this for a client cruising to Canada on an Alaska trip back in 2009, I verified with my guide dog school, and always check every year just in case.
You need to fill out the access forms with the cruise line as well, so they can get you a busy box for your dog as well. Did you do this?
Hope this helps Steve.
Cheryl

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!
SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Help fuel the "Dream Machine" of the Imagination Fund by visiting www.nfb.org/imaginationfund to make a donation using your credit card ortext the word "blind" to 85944 and you will automatically donate $10 worth of fuel via your cell phone bill.