[Travelandtourism] The Best Valentine's Party ever at Tango Argentinian Steakhouse here in Central Islip, NY

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:33:13 UTC 2012

Being a travel agent isn't just traveling around the world and giving advice of places outside of my own area, in fact, sometimes you find wonderful things right in front of your nose.
So I encourage others to do things in your own neighborhood, many places you do not have to go to Broadway to see a Broadway Show, or go to Argentina to get great food.  Case in point as the restaurant, Nelson and I fell in love with in our own backyard called Tango Argentinian Steakhouse.
They are guide dog friendly, they love when I bring Maxx with me, but I didn't take him tonight! Night out for mom and dad!We have always driven by there and never thought about going there, but we first eat there with our Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Dinner a few months ago,  and then when we joined the Central Islip Lions International, we were given a restaurant gift certificate to go there, so we did.
OMG, the food here is so good.
On Feb 3, 2012, we went there for there Valentine's Day Party.  We had an awesome time, should you want to go for there parties or even out for dinner reservations are recommended, you do not have to dress up, you can go casual , I wouldn't wear tank tops and cut off shorts, a nice pair of jeans and clean shirt is good.For $55 a person, which included sangria, appetizers, main dishes, dessert, and 2 shows one an Argentinian Show, with music and singing for Argentina, and a Salsa Band, we haven't had such a good time in years.  It was so fun, we ate and drank and danced.  My legs aren't what they used to be, but maybe when I lose some of this weight, I can dance all night with my sweetie, Nelson.
They have parties every few months, so when they are out, they fill out, it is not such a big room, and I think if you are going to have dancing the room definitely needs to be bigger, but they have been doing this for year.  It was nice just adults, one couple bought there kids, it is a family restaurant, but this party I don't think in my own opinion, that the kids should have been there.For Appetizers, they had cheeses and empanadas (Chicken and Beef), potatoes salad, I don't know what was wrapped in pastry dough but it was wonderful. I have pictures below.
Main courses, was of course steak, they had chicken with mushrooms sauce, and seafood in a nice wine sauce (mussels, shrimps, clams, etc) rice, potatoes or french fries, and green salad.  For Dessert they had Flan, I am not a fan of it.Anyway, I give 2 thumbs up.
There website is http://www.letseat.at/tangosteakhouselocated at 99 W. Suffolk Avenue, Central Islip, NY 11722Phone number is: 631-234-6633
also they are on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tango-Argentinian-Steakho/129712223775064My Husband Nelson EchevarriaThis is me Cheryl Echevarria

Some might be able to view these, so I am leaving the youtube video links.
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWmU_OhtYqU&w=560&h=315]
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mttTnl-oSU&w=560&h=315]
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a4ENT5QmZE&w=560&h=315]
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7LF7Dz2DsY&w=560&h=315]