[Travelandtourism] Exciting Information about Disney Parks and the websites for the Blind Consumers and Blind Travel Agents

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:23:39 UTC 2012

Good morning all:
This information is going to the Travel and Tourism Division as well as my blogs and some people who are very interested in this information.
In the past, the blind has had many issues with the Disney Parks, especially there websites and some have recently had problems with guide dogs and where they are allowed to go and what rides that can go on with there dogs.
Also, the travel agent portal, travel professionals to book clients trips and also there certification program, Disney's College of Knowledge, have not been accessible.
As of yesterday, February 14th, I was on the phone with Mr. Mark Jones, who is the Manager of the Access for Customer Relations of all Disney Parks, as well as there cruise ships, which includes the consumer websites.
He knows who the National Federation of the Blind is, and was eager to speak to me, I got his name from someone through my connections within the travel associations.
We were on the phone yesterday for over an hour, discussing some of the recent concerns, from as mentioned the Travel Agent Portal, the Disney Websites, and an issue that was brought to my attention, that a member had posted on one of the other talk lists, that he/she was denied access to do the Jedi Training at MGM Studios in Orlando, FL.
Well, first he said to me, first and foremost, they have been working on the Walt Disney World Consumer website, and is in the final stages of completing to be fully accessible.  He is also going to speak to the people who handle the travel agent website and keep me up to date on this.
I will be discussing more of this at our Travel and Tourism Monthly teleconference which will be Monday, February 27 at 8pm Eastern Time, 7pm Central, 6pm Mountain, and 5pm Pacific.
 I will post call information shortly
You do not have to be a member of the Travel and Tourism Division of the National Federation of the Blind to come and join us for our monthly teleconference, if we are voting on something, then it is up to the paid membership to vote, to become a member it is $10.00 a year to join.
Sincerely,
Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentTravel and Tourism Division
About the National Federation of the Blind:
With more than 50,000 members, the National Federation of the Blind is the largest and most influential membership organization of blind people in the United States. The NFB improves blind people's lives through advocacy, education, research, technology, and programs encouraging independence and self-confidence. It is the leading force in the blindness field today and the voice of the nation's blind. In January 2004 the NFB opened the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, the first research and training center in the United States for the blind led by the blind

631-456-5394 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            631-456-5394      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
reservations at echevarriatravel.com

For daily updates read our blog at
http://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com