[Travelandtourism] Discussion: Traveling during the holidays, where did you go and what was your means of getting around.

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Fri Jan 6 00:23:27 UTC 2012

Hi Cheryl et al,

I actually did a little bit of traveling this holiday season, or rather the
pre-holiday season as we did travel on the 22nd of December and returned on
the 24th.  I am located in Western WI, and although we have good
transportation, it is more of a matter of figuring out how to get their the
quickest and least expensive way.  If were to drive, and we did attempt to
try to locate a driver, this would have been the most ideal as we were
basically heading 100 miles west.  However, what we ended up doing is taking
an OTR, Over The Road bus called Jefferson Lines north and west to
Minneapolis.  From there we caught a ground/air shuttle that took us into
Mankato.  Both my girlfriend and I traveled with our guides, and the cost
was $100 round trip on the OTR and $65 one way for the shuttle.  We were
fortunate to get a ride back to Minneapolis to catch the bus back  home, but
this was really the best route we knew of.  We did find out that we could
probably have caught a similar shuttle in Rochester MN which could have
saved us a little more, but the challenge was getting to Mankato.
Nonetheless, we made it and it was all-around good.  Generally, we take
Amtrak as we can generally get many places via this method.

Steve