[Travelandtourism] This date in History: January 23

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 12:53:44 UTC 2012

History has a lot to due with travel and the places we visit.  I love history as well, loved it in school, one of my best subjects.
So why not a little history with travel, a lot of books on time travel right, of course right!!!
Before we start, this date in History January 22, 2012
New York Giants win and are going to Indiana to meet with the New England Patriots for a rematch.  GO GIANTS!!!
Anyway, I had just posted to the Diabetic Division that this day in History January 23, 1922 Insulin was first injected to a boy in Toronto Hospital.
Also, on this date, Nixon announces peach settlement reach in Paris for the end of the Vietnam War, my father and step-father both served in Vietnam, and it has always been a beautiful country, there are many river cruises in Vietnam, as well as some great escorted groups going there.
Last thing, on this date in History in 1957, one of my favorite toys and my dogs toys was invented by Wham-O,  The prototype of Frisbee was born in Connecticut 1871, called the Frisbee Pie company, owned by William Frisbie where college students would play with these things and throw them at each other and say Frisbie.
Share you favorite date in history with us as well.

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

For daily updates read our blog at
http://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com