[Travelandtourism] Airline Web Sites

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sat Mar 17 17:38:13 UTC 2012

Good afternoon everyone,

    I believe some new regulations are in the works to amend the Air Carrier
Access Act to address the accessibility of airline Web sites and
self-service airport kiosks. Having visited many private air charter company
sites I've found that the vast majority of them are very usable with screen
reading systems. If I found an accessibility issue with the
socialflights.com Web site all I needed to do was to bring it to Matt's
attention. Not long after doing so I discovered the problem was fixed and
the site area in question was 100% accessible. It only took one blind person
bringing the problem to his attention to have it remedied no federal laws
necessary. Why can't the airlines be as intelligent?

  Peter Donahue

 “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper.”
Isaiah 54:17

 “While for our princes they prepare
In caverns deep a burning snare,
He shot from heaven a piercing ray,