[Travelandtourism] Information about the cruise to Bermuda that we are going with the NFB of New Jersey in April 2013

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed May 23 10:59:01 UTC 2012

I just forwarded this information to President Joe Ruffalo of New Jersey.
As may know, we are going to Bermuda in April 13-18, 2013. I have just received an extension on the deposits for those of you who are interested in attending the cruise, it has been extended until June 18, 2012 for now.  $100.00 per person deposit is needed.
Anyway, in October 2012, I will be taking my first cruise to Bermuda with Nelson and Maxx (Guide Dog), and well experience some of these options myself, that I am recommending to the affiliate.
Below is the information about Bermuda, and one of the destinations we are thinking about doing.

Today's topic is Destination Bermuda:
A few things: Bermuda is not in the Caribbean, it is in the Atlantic Ocean, off the Coast of North and South Carolina, so has the same weather, might be a touch cooler, for those of you who do not like the hot weather, but comfortable weather of spring, this is the weather we will be having.
Bermuda is a self-governing British overseas territory located in the Atlantic Ocean north of the Caribbean. The island offers a unique blend of colonial history and island heritage, which has given birth to colorful local legends and rich traditions. Bermuda is Britain's oldest colony, and the English influence is apparent in Bermuda’s government, educational and legal institutions. More subtle but no less significant are the island’s Afro-influences--found in Bermuda’s cuisine, dance and music, including calypso and the rhythm of the Gombeys.
Bermuda is divided into nine parishes, with nearly all offering some tourism attractions. St. George's Parish encompasses the area around the historic town of St. George. Hamilton Parish features Crystal Caves and the Bermuda Aquarium and Zoo. Smith's Parish is home to the Spittle Pond Nature Preserve and the Devil's Hole Aquarium.
Pembroke Parish includes the capital city of Hamilton, while Paget Parish offers numerous resorts, plus Elbow Beach and the Bermuda Botanical Gardens. Vacationers will find golf, horseback riding and the island's best cliffs in Warwick Parish. Bermuda’s best beaches and the historic Gibbs Hill Lighthouse are found in Southampton Parish, while Sandys Parish features the Royal Naval Dockyard fortress and shops, Gilbert Nature Reserve and several fine beaches
I would give some advice here about the destination of Crystal and Fantasy Caves:

The crystal and fantasy caves all at the same place: You need non-slip Rubber-soled shoes are suggested, but there are plank floors, so you are not walking over the rocks, but I would suggest to be careful when walking.  Tickets are $27 for combined caves, and you can touch and smell here, yes it would be nice to see the cave with our eyes, but this is something we shouldn't miss.  There is also a gift shop, and a place to get something to eat and relax before we move on to something else, and the explanation of it as we are experience it, it with a guided tour guide.
In 1905, two young teenagers named Carl Gibbons and Edgar Hollis were engaged in a spirited game of cricket. One of the lads struck the ball with ferocity and it disappeared into a hole several yards away. This ball was a prized possession and no effort was spared at attempting to retrieve it. As one of the boys crawled down deeper and deeper, it became apparent that this was not your ordinary hole. What the boys had discovered was, in fact, the entrance to a spectacular natural wonder.

When the Wilkinson family, owners of the property since 1884, were told of this discovery, they wasted no time in setting off to explore the entrance and to find out how deep it went. Bernard Wilkinson, the fourteen-year-old son of Mr. Julian Wilkinson, was lowered into the hole by his father using a strong rope tied to a tree. Bernard descended 140 feet with a lamp from a bicycle to light his way.

What he found was beyond his or the Wilkinson family's wildest dreams. It was an underground world of delicate splendor with magnificent crystal formations of every size and shape surrounding a clear lake 55 feet deep.

Today, the caves have become Bermuda’s favorite attraction for thousands of visitors every year. Much has been done through the decades to upgrade the accessibility and the comfort level for our visitors. But nothing can enhance this exquisite fantasy world that Mother Nature began over 30 million years ago. When they enter the caves, every visitor still feels the same sense of awe experienced that day over a century ago.

Enjoy I will post more as time goes by!

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            631-456-5394      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            631-456-5394      end_of_the_skype_highlightingreservations at echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com