[Travelandtourism] Updates on the Division from President Echevarria

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 11 12:18:02 UTC 2012

Hope you are okay, since I do know you from the Guide Dog Lists.
Please get well soon. I do hope you will post travel related postings and also come to our telephone conference calls which are held the last Monday of the month.
This list is not an active one, I do hope to change this, we also have a facebook and twitter page, and I am working on getting us a website, since we no longer have a webmaster do to personal matters, and I at least know that it is being worked on.
But we will have an advisor to help me in some issues to that.
We want to hear from members about all travel related things good and bad, where you have been what you have done all members, government issues related to travel, etc.
By the middle/end of the week I will be posting our very first travel destination as group.
We know where and when we are going, contract has been signed, we just need you the members, interested friends and family members to join us, anyone can come, even if  you are not a member of the division, NFB, blind, etc.
We are going to the Las Vegas and Canyon Tours, which is a 5 day trip from October 9-13, 2013
Places include:
One night in Las VegasOne day at Grand Canyon and Hoover DamnBryce and Zion Canyon State parksOne night in Las Vegasand other places along the way
What is included:
Hotel, food (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), Tour Bus, and Tour Guide. They are aware we are blind and arranging a lot of hands on activities.
What is not included is Travel Protection which will be offered once all travel arrangements have been made for each individual person (which includes how you are getting to the trip plane or trains travel to Las Vegas)
President Cheryl Echevarria and Vice President Maurice Shackelford will be taking the reservations and you must book the trip through us.
This is also a fundraiser event for the division, so a portion of the price of the trip is going to the division.
Pricing will follow as well as full description so stayed tuned for more.
Sincerely,
Cheryl

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!
SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Echevarria Travel and proud member of the National Federation of the Blind will be holding a year round fundraiser for the http://www.NFBNY.org after Hurricane Sandy and other resources. Any vacation package booked between November 6 2012-November 6, 2013 and vacation must be traveled no later than 12/30/2014 a percentage of my earnings will go to the affiliate.  Also is you book a Sandals for couples or Beaches for families and friends resorts vacation, $100.00 per booking will go to the affiliate as well.  You do not need to be a member of the NFB.org, just book through us.
Thank you.