[Travelandtourism] Paratransit Expense and Other

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 6 03:02:03 UTC 2013

Hi, Cheryl,
For the trip on our Accessaride Paratransit, it costs $4.50 one way and the same coming back: totaling $9.00.
As for the booklet of tickets for Accessaride, price runs around $20.00 per booklet.
Definitely expensive since I am on SSI and getting $710 monthly.
I do remember a friend of mine who is also bling and I attending a regional Transportation District public meeting maybe six or seven years ago, but am not completely remembering.
She did bring up to RTD her concern about the cost of Paratransit and that the price needed to be lower and stablelized for one cost.
unfortunately, it ended up hot happening.
I also do agree with you that it's not just those who are blind that use the Paratransit, but other people as well that are wheelchair mobile or have various medical ailments which don't allow them to be able to walk a lot.
There are also individuals who have a developmental disability that use Paratransit.
I do have an Accessaride ID which allows me free access to all public transportation like the buses, light rail and Denver International Airport Sky Ride.
I ended up getting Acessaride eight years ago more due to my arthritis ad I did find it hard to walk at times.
There were areas that I would travel to where there was no bus service and dificult for traveling if there wasn't any sidewalks to walk on.
Still, I can only do the best I can and open another chapter.
*Smiles*
Now that I think about it, I probably ought to be going through my mail to see if I was able to recertify for Accessaride Paratransit as I'm also able to use Accessicab which I did a couple days ago.
Normally for a cab ride, depending on where you're going can run up to $20.00 or more.
With accessicab, the price is lower and cut in half.
Yes, I can agree with you as far as remarks that other people make, especially like the one I dealt with.
I probably should have let it go and just ignored it completely when it came to the dog shoes.
Thankfully, I am glad that I make sure Odie is safe and his paws don't get burned or injured.
Bibi and son Odie