[Travelandtourism] Travelandtourism Digest, Vol 97, Issue 13

DJ Reese atlanticstar1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 15:20:51 UTC 2013

I was looking at the list of States who are objecting to the merger and most
of them are States who have hubs based there.  The only 2 States that don't
are VA and TN.  Probably what will happen is they will make some consessions
to these States Like Delta did when they purchased Northwest and Southwest
purchased Air Tran.  Otherwise, US Air will fold which means any airline
will be able to come in and gobble up US Air's markets.

I was Surprised that North Carolina isn't one of the States objecting to the
merger since US Air has a hub based there.  Scratching my head wondering why
VA and TN are objecting to the merger since neither of them have a big
presents with either US Air or American.

Reese