[Travelandtourism] Need your ideas for our next fundraiser event trip for...

DBrown8827 at aol.com DBrown8827 at aol.com
Thu Aug 29 21:03:34 UTC 2013

Places that I would like to  visit.
1. Memphis Tennessee
2. St. Louis, Missouri

Denice Brown

In a message dated 8/29/2013 12:16:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com writes:

Good morning  all:
I hope everyone is have a great last hurrah for the unofficial end of
Summer 2013. Can you believe it. September starts on Sunday. Where did it all
go. To fast if you ask me.
And then in October is the New York State  Convention and then we are off
to Vegas and the National Parks for our very  1st trip.
We are making a nice profit on this trip. So we need to start now  to plan
our trip for 2014.
October is a long way off, but many of us are on  limited  budgets, and
would like to do something which we can pay off  over time.
Now we need to hear from your where you want to go.
Last year  the Officers of the Division, asked each other where do we want
to go, Milton  suggested the National Parks and that is what we did.
But we want to hear  from all of the division and people on this list, some
may get this message  more than once, because we have a membership ship
list, and we have the talk  list, some are on both.
I am going to post things we can do with a  different bus company with more
options then the tour company we are using,  not saying we have to do any
of these, but there are what we can do.
Also,  if you live in the NY/NJ/CT/PA Area, the bus can leave from here and
people  can fly into NY to start the trip and see other stopping points
along the way,  or we all can fly into a specific location and meet there or we
can have  pricing for both flying in and taking the bus from the NY Area.
We need a  minimum of any trip we do of 30 people and up. Under 30 will be
kind of hard.  Even with the trip we are doing now we have 27 people.
Okay, you are asking  why October, "Meet the Blind Month"
We are having our first meeting of the  division via teleconference call on
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 8PM Eastern.  We will have a monthly meeting
at least once a month. We are asking if you  cannot attend to please let us
know soon. It has to be no later than 8PM,  because I live in NY and I
cannot stay up later than that. The e-mail is  info at nfbtravel.org
Also if Monday doesn't work we can vote as a division to  when we can have
it. But until then it will be on Monday.
No destination is  off the table, but we have to think realistically time
frame. How long do we  want to be away? How much is it going to cost? That is
the big question.
We  have heard from 1 person Puerto Rico, that would be great, Nelson my
husband  is from there, but remember we would have to fly, and most things are
not all  included in our trip. I would rather deal with a tour operator
that includes  transportation, lodging, food, etc.
We should focus on visiting our great  country. Some just been to Orlando
for the first time, but couldn't afford to  do the sights or had the time to
do it, Same with Dallas, and also with  Washington, DC. How many people go
every year to the Washington Seminar but  don't go and visit our Nation's
Capital and see all the sights.
I will post  a separate e-mail within the day and your vote at
info at nfbtravel.org what you  would like to do. If you vote on it, then you want to go on
the trip. We will  discuss the actual dates once we figure out where we are
going.
Please  respond, let us know, and the majority of the interest we will go,
the 2nd one  we can do in 2015 etc.
At least we have an idea of what people like to  do.
Thank you very much for your time.
Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentNFB  Travel and TourismNational Federation of
the  Blindwww.nfbtravel.orginfo at nfbtravel.org631-236-5138

Travelandtourism  mailing  list
Travelandtourism at nfbnet.org