[Travelandtourism] How to join the division and welcome our new Treasurer

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 5 17:04:56 UTC 2013

For those of you who are not sure how to join the NFB Travel & Tourism Division.
You have 2 options, one is to go to www.nfbtravel.org and on
We had some people on the Division call on Tuesday Night who still didn't know how to join.
So if you go to the www.nfbtravel.org website, there is a dedicated page on how to join the division. You can pay by paypal.com with a credit card, or mail in a check or money order made out to NFB Travel & Tourism Division, and put in the memo dues, send it our new Treasurer - Glenda Farnum and mail it to  NFB Travel & Tourism, 6116 W Gun Hill Way, Warr Acres, OK 73132
For those who are going to be attending the National Convention, please wait until convention to join, we will be charging $10 again, whether or not you will be paying now or not.
Division yearly dues starts at time of convention, and paying in December is silly. If you are not going to convention, I would wait until June or July to pay. There will be a reminder prior to it.
Okay, I would like to now introduce and welcome Glenda Farnum, as our new treasurer. She is from the Great State Affiliate of the NFB of Oklahoma. She is also an Affiliate Officer, and serve as legislative director and state convention chair.
Let all welcome Glenda to her new position, she is not new to the division.
Milton Taylor isn't going anywhere, he just had other things like being elected 2nd Vice District Governor with the Lions Club in the state of Utah.
But he will not be able to continue as Treasure.
So let us thank Milton Taylor for being Treasurer since 2004, almost 10 years.
I will be the first, Congratulations Glenda and welcome to the Board and the family, we on the board are very close, and are all good friends.
Milton, what can I say, but thank you so much, for all the work and especially working on our 1st trip to Utah this past year, and he will be working with us on the 2015 trip back to Utah for those that are interested.
But we have to get the Nashville Trip going after January.
Thank you all.
Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentNFB Travel & Tourism National Federation of the Blind631-236-5138info at nfbtravel.org

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com
 Take the stress out of this year’s holiday shopping with NFB’s Bid for Equality national online auction: Black Friday, Nov. 29, to Giving Tuesday, Dec. 3. View our must-have donations and register to make your Bid for Equality. The future is in your bid! Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama