[Travelandtourism] Updates on the reviews of the Disney Travel Agent website

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 20 20:07:03 UTC 2013

Okay here are some responses we are getting.
If you are going to be doing this website for everyone, you need to get rid of the flash options on the website, there is no way of working a screen reader with flash.
Signing in to the website there is no problembooking a reservation no problemretrieving a reservation, not sure if it is the website or the internet option, some people found it very slow retrieve the documentation.
The youtube videos are workable, but remember the ones without voice are not going to work for those that are blind and deaf as well.  The videos need to be very descriptive of what is being looked at.
Disney Destination Genius is not accessible at all.
You can find the tabs on the page, but once you try and search a course and pick something to study, nothing is heard with screen readers on page:
Ex: you can find the course library, but you cannot pick adventures by disney, it is not heard at all. The person I am working with, since I use magnification, I went into the Norway program, it is all flash and you hear the voice but you cannot click to the next page or anything else.
I have had issues with some other suppliers, some of them offer, the training with word documents, or even putting the website in text form, with to many images, it is not working well at all.
We will get back to you, Mark, when we get further updates on the other areas of the site.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season and Happy New Year.
NFB Travel & Tourism
Cheryl Echevarria, President

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateOffering the Best in Meaningful Travel Experiences for Everyone!Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Sign up for our e-newsletter by e-mailing us you first and last name, and e-mail address to reservations at echevarriatravel.com, let us know if you want just text or pictures in your e-mail.
Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama