[Travelandtourism] Updates from the Jamaica Tourism Board about Service Animals

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 14:25:17 UTC 2013

I have removed Marcia contact information. Since you should not contact her, but this is the reply about allowing service animals into Jamaica.
Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentNFB Travel & Tourism

Good mooring, Cheryl.

This acknowledges with thanks, my receipt of your recent query.

I must advise that I am unaware of changes in Jamaica's regulations with regard to
the 'importation' of dogs, and actually suspect your colleague's alleged experience is an
anomaly.  I have therefore forwarded you correspondence to my colleagues in Montego
Bay for their review and response, and will share same accordingly.

With thanks,

Marcia P. Sinclair
(Queens, Long Island & Manhattan)
District Sales Manager, Northeast USA
Jamaica Tourist Board
5201 Blue Lagoon Drive, Suite 670
Miami, Florida 33146

Good morning Marcia:

We are just getting over Blizzard Nemo 2013 here on Long Island, and hope you are well.

Someone I know from my organization the NFB just came back from a cruise to Jamaica on Carnival Cruise Lines and they were allowed to bring there dog into Jamaica.

How is that possible?

When all information states that:

Importation of pets or other animals will require a permit from the Veterinary Division of the Ministry of Agriculture prior to importation. It should be noted that in the case of dogs only those born and bred in the United Kingdom may be imported to Jamaica. Certification to this effect must be obtained from the relevant authority in the U.K.

This is on your own government website.

http://www.jacustoms.gov.jm/home_template.php?page=RR&group_id=1

If this information has changed please let me know, also if it hasn't then your customs people are not following your own laws, and Carnival is another thorn in my side as well, but my concern is with Jamaica entrance of service animals.

Either you do or your don't.

Please let me know and follow up with me.

Cheryl

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!

Cheryl Echevarria, Owner
reservations at echevarriatravel.com
http://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com

2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.

Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose Travel
CST - #1018299-10
Echevarria Travel and proud member of the National Federation of the Blind will be holding a year round fundraiser for the http://www.NFBNY.org after Hurricane Sandy and other resources. Any vacation package booked between November 6 2012-November 6, 2013 and vacation must be traveled no later than 12/30/2014 a percentage of my earnings will go to the affiliate.  Also is you book a Sandals for couples or Beaches for families and friends resorts vacation, $100.00 per booking will go to the affiliate as well.  You do not need to be a member of the NFB.org, just book through us.