[Travelandtourism] prayers for Odie, please

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 2 16:59:04 UTC 2013

Hi Bibi and Odie:

I know this is travel related but this is mostly a guide dog issue, I am a guide dog user myself.

Just a little note here, dogs in general were not made to where shoes and socks, even if they live in extreme heat or cold weather. I know I hear it already from the guide dog users on the list.

Maxx was brought up in Ocala, Fl but was born at the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc. in Smithtown, NY; and when I got him in February 2007, he saw his first snow and ice and learned to walk on it without the booties and socks. I would recommend if you haven't already, talk with your guide dog school first and see if they have a better way of doing this without the shoes and socks, you don't want to ruin his feet with it on him, we all know that shoes for us are not the best if we don't use the right ones or if we wear high heels or something.

I would also recommend you keep these postings to our wonderful division, NAGDU, If it was related to traveling on a bus, train, car, taxi, cruise, or outside the country and maybe in our reports from our trip next week to the Southwest, which I am not bringing maxx along this time.

Would I recommend this posting.

Take care and I hope Odie gets better.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com
 Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking www.nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314. Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama