[Travelandtourism] David Hutchins from the NFB of Missouri wen to U.K. on his own

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 17 19:34:25 UTC 2013

 Helllo all:

David Hutchins a member of the NFB of Missouri recently returned from a trip to the U.K. That I arranged for him, here is his experience to those traveling.

Just a quick note to let you  know that I had a great time on the Best of Britain Tour.  The tour guide  was very good and the driver was exulant.  The ohter passengers kind of  took me under their wings and give me any help I needed.

We had a buffet  breakfast each morning, unless you wanted something else which I did a couple of  times by having an omlet, I got tired of the english sausage, it is kind of  tough after awhile.  Most all of the food was very good.  The actual  tours themselves were very good, some places we went were kind dark, but thats  what the cane is used for, I had plenty of help in the dark places like the  castles, no one asked me about my vision much at all a couple of people did, I  explained to the tour guide about my vision, since he was kind of concerned  about me keeping up with the tours and other  passengers.   I  was getting ready to suggest to David Tucker that he might want to let first  time CIE tourists know about tipping in case they might think that tips are  included in the cost.  I tipped in the restaurants.  I did not tip in  the castles except for the Scottish castle I tipped the guide there in Scotland,  I tried tipping a cab driver, but he told me not to worry, I did not go to  London Tower or ride the boat on the Themes River because of the weather, but i  did see Paul McCartney's house and walked across the street where The Beatles  crossed the street on Abbey Road like the album cover has them crossing the  street and did go to a department store and buy some boots and a pipe and  tobacco, i didn't do the Eye of London (which is the largest ferris wheel in the world) like I wanted, but I can go again maybe for  a best of London tour if there is such a tour.  I thought the Scottish part  of the whole tour was the best part, sure do like that Geniss beer they  have  over there, much better tasting than ours is here, ours is just awful  tasting here in the states, but I'll will remember next tour about tipping, it  was cheaper getting money from the ATM for a 100 pounds this time than last time  when  I got 50 pounds, is there a chart for the exchange rate for their  currency?  Ask Cheryl Echevarria about the exchange rate and how to get money from  here before going there.  I had a great time and you did a great job setting it  up for me.  Thank you for all you have done for me.  Dave  Hutchins.

FYI, all unless stated tips are not included when traveling and it is standard with a tour starting at $2 a day for the tour guide and $1 - $1.50 a day for the driver (Cheryl Echevarria)

CIE Tour Company is the official Tour Company and Ireland, but they specialize in all things U.K. Italy and more.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com
 Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking www.nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314. Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama