[Travelandtourism] FW: NFB Travel & Tourism Fundraiser Trip for 2014

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 23 10:41:34 UTC 2013

Good morning:

Cheryl Echevarria here!

I would like to let you know the outcome of the voting for the trip for our 2nd Annual Fundraiser Trip for 2014.

The top trip requested was Nashville.

Again, we haven't heard from everyone, so we are hoping that you are reading your e-mails. Please reply or call one of us, our contact information is listed on the www.nfbtravel.com or I will post our information below. You can call and leave a voice mail if we are not home or on the phone.

Should you have other ideas, please post them, you have until our meeting on September 30th, 2013 at 8PM Eastern Time. Remember this is our 1st teleconference call.

Call in number is (805) 360-1000 and the code to call in is 871517#

For any group trips for us to make money on, we need at least 30 people to go.

Remember everyone of you who are members, should try and get friends, family, co-workers, etc.

A fundraiser is to raise money, dah, LOL. I know I am in in funny mood today, maybe because I can finally breathe due to my allergies.

We also want to educate our friends and family and others that blind people can enjoy life things such as traveling. It will also show places we are visiting, maybe how to improve their museums or information dedicated to the blind.

I am attaching the information about the bus trip here, we just need to decide whether it is better for September or October, we found many people with out last trip that October wasn't a good fit, because of either work or NFB Conventions.

We want all of you to attend.

We plan to make at least $42 per person, if we get all 52 people which the bus will hold would give us $2340 give or take, if we get the minimum about of people which is 30 would be about $1350. This money would go to helping educating people about the NFB Travel and Tourism, send people to DC in hopes of changing travel related issues, which we will focus on at our first meeting, pertaining to the airlines.

Maybe bringing people to National Convention like guests to speak about travel and so much more

Maybe even a scholarship at either state of National levels to those studying Hospitality in school, or maybe helping people in the travel industry who are blind to help them out with business like a loan, etc.

We need your help on these matters once we have money in our treasury to do it.

Okay here is the trip information.

2nd Annual Fundraiser Trip 2014

NFB Travel and Tourism Division

5 days/4 Nights

Nashville Bus Tour - Including Grand Ole Opry

For either September or October 2014

Pricing
per person double occupancy is $550 per person, which includes $42 per person
to the NFB Travel & Tourism Division.
For Single Occupancy and triple occupancy please call for pricing.
Travel Protection will be offered to those that would like it. Also payment
plans will be accepted by either check or money order, should anyone want to
use paypal.com offer by the NFB Travel and Tourism, surcharges will apply,
since paypal takes money from us.

What’s included
in your price:

·
Transportation
to NASHVILLE to and from the airport on Deluxe Motorcoach Transportation -
Video & Restroom Equipped – 54 Seats or More!

·
4
Nights Lodging

·
8
Meals: 4 Breakfasts and 4 Dinners

·
Admission
to the GRAND OLE OPRY BACKSTAGE TOUR

·
Ride
on the DELTA FLATBOATS inside the OPRYLAND HOTEL

·
2
Great Shows: 1) GRAND OLE OPRY, 2) NASHVILLE NIGHTLIFE DINNER THEATER

·
Exclusive
party with Entertainment

·
Guided
Tour of NASHVILLE and Belle MEADE PLANTATION

·
Admission
to the Country Music Hall of Fame

·
And
much more!

Day 1: After
you land in Nashville International Airport, you'll depart in the comfort of a
luxury, video and restroom equipped Motorcoach as you head for lots of
excitement in Nashville. This evening you'll enjoy Dinner and check into your
Nashville area hotel for a four night stay.

Day 2: After
enjoying a Continental Breakfast, you'll take a Guided Tour of   NASHVILLE, including a stop at the Parthenon.
The Parthenon is the world's only full scale reproduction of the famous Greek
Temple. Then you will experience a ride on the DELTA FLATBOATS inside the
OPRYLAND HOTEL. This evening you will enjoy Dinner before going to see a show
at the famous GRAND OLE OPRY.

Day 3: Today,
after a Continental Breakfast, you'll head to the new $40 million COUNTRY MUSIC
HALL OF FAME. This is a state of the art cultural landmark and an architectural
crown jewel of the Nashville skyline. Be amazed by its incredible array of rare
costumes, instruments and historical mementos. Next, you'll have an opportunity
to explore Historic Downtown Nashville. This evening, enjoy Dinner and a Show
at the fabulous NASHVILLE NIGHTLIFE DINNER THEATER.

Day 4: Enjoy
a Continental Breakfast, before departing for a Guided Tour of beautiful BELLE
MEADE PLANTATION. Marvel at its antebellum architecture, and learn about its
unique Southern history. Belle Meade's illustrious past has spanned from its
prosperity as a Thoroughbred breeding establishment, to its perilous location
at the Civil War's Battle of Nashville, to its current restoration as a
historically accurate Victorian home. A visit to Belle Meade also provides an
important insight into the struggles of African Americans before the Civil War.
This afternoon, visit the 10,000-square-foot WILLIE NELSON AND FRIENDS MUSEUM
AND GENERAL STORE, Nashville's oldest, continuously-operated country music
artist museum and general store. This evening, enjoy an exclusive Dinner Party
with Entertainment.

Day 5: Today,
after enjoying a Continental Breakfast, you depart for home...A perfect time to
chat with your friends about all the fun things you've done, the great sights
you've seen and where your next group trip will take you. Enjoy you day everyone. Contact information:  Please remember what time you are calling between the hours of 9-7 for most of us to reach us by phone, all of the officers are on Eastern Time, accept for Milton Taylor who is on Mountain Time. Please contact me or any officer of the division at info at nfbtravel.org Cheryl Echevarria, President - Please use this information I am posting and not the business information.Phone: 631-236-5138 Maurice Shackelford, Vice President, same e-mail as above.Phone: 770-280-5209 Milton Taylor, Treasurer, same e-mail as above.phone: 801-913-2533 Margo Downey, Secretary, same e-mail as abovephone: 716-886-0567 Thank you. Your sister in the NFB Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentNFB Travel and TourismNational Federation of the Blindhttp://www.nfbtravel.orginfo@nfbtravel.org631-236-5138

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com

Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10 FLST T156780Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking https://nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314.Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. http://www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama