[Travelandtourism] New procedures that are being performed at the airports by TSA Agents

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 25 13:45:10 UTC 2013

That way all members do not get copied twice on these things. Also, if we can all participate in the posts I put out there, or remember that you are members, even non-paid members on the talk list please participate.

As per the subject line:

New Procedures that are being performed by TSA at the airports.

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from Valerie Yingling, a paralegal, that works closely with Mark Riccobono from the National NFB office in Baltimore.
She e-mailed me an issues that someone had written to her about recently with her guide dog at the airport. Before I give you the full information on this, it is legal and not only affects people traveling with any kind of pet and not just service animals, but also with people who have medical devices that cannot be removed, I am not talking pacemakers, I am talking if you use an insulin pump, or possibly you have a external port on you for medical procedures.

The issues was and many of you may have experienced this procedure already.

The woman was traveling with her guide dog through security through an airport, once she went through the metal detectors, she was ask to step to the side and they would have to wipe down her hands to check for bomb residue.

No they weren't singling her out, as stated previously, this is a standard procedure now and only takes a few seconds, I have gone through this myself with my guide dog and without my guide dog, since I have an insulin pump.

They just wipe your hands and put it through the detector and you are on your way.

So, the next time you are in the airport traveling with any pet, external medical device, maybe even your cane, they are not singling you out. If the word was a safer place, then we wouldn't have these procedures in place.

Just updating everyone.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com

Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10 FLST T156780Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking https://nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314.Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. http://www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama