[Travelandtourism] 1st Membership Teleconference Tonight September 30

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 30 15:36:54 UTC 2013

The NFB Travel & Tourism Division, a proud Division of the National Federation of the Blind, will be having its first teleconference tonight, this is not a board meeting this is a division meeting for all members and those that want to be members.

If you are not a member yet, it is $10 a month and the information on how to join, is available on our website at www.nfbtravel.org

The meeting starts promptly at 8PM Eastern Time, 7PM Central Time, 6PM Mountain, 5 PM Pacific.

The call in number is 1-805-360-1000

When it asks for your access code it is 871517#

We will roll call of members by our Secretary Margo Downey, and those that are not present will be indicated.

We will have treasurer report but no minutes since our last minutes were posted on our website and in the Convention Round Up Braille Monitor that just came out.

One mistake in that issue, only new board member who is no longer a board member is Tracie Inman. She has stepped down.

We will have elections at convention for all members since it is a 2 year term.

No I was not re-elected at this past convention. I am up for re-election in 2014.

We will be discussing, issues pertaining to the resent airlines issues that have been going on, as well as a new procedure, that some might feel it is a violation and it isn't, we will discuss at meeting.

Also, the final vote for our trip in 2014, Nashville is the only location that you the membership have voted on and we need to have official vote on it.

If you are not a member your vote will not be counting, but you can give your opinion on it.

Anything else you would like to discuss this meeting will be recognized.

We ask to be respectful to each other, even if we do not agree on a topic.

If you have a lot of background noise or if it gets to noisy in the room we will ask you to mute your phones to do so is *6 to mute and *6 to unmute.

See you tonight.

Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentNFB Travel & Tourism Divisioninfo at nfbtravel.orgwww.nfbtravel.org631-236-5138