[Travelandtourism] For Members of Outside Agents, New Special Needs Group!

Cherylandmaxx Cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 02:52:16 UTC 2014

Jana fyi don't post links etc to the list from outside agents because many people on this list are not travel professionals.

Again you are awesome for getting these things going.

Would love to talk to you when feeling better

Cheryl Echevarria
Echevarria Travel
www.echevarriatravel.com
Echevarriatravelblog.com
631-456-5394
Reservations at echevarriatravel.com
Cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

Hey, guys!  I got sunburned really bad a couple of days ago, and I'm still
in a bunch of pain. But I wanted to be sure that anyone who already is or is
considering becoming a member of Outside Agents to know about a Special
Needs group that was created by Chad on the community forum.  He was kind
enough to ask me to be a moderator, and I'm gonna do my best! <Smile>  Chad
wanted to create a place for agents who have disabilities to be able to
discuss their ideas and concerns, and create a place for all agents to get
info regarding accessible travel for their clients.

We can talk about ideas for making the website more accessible. A few weeks
ago, Chad began posting training videos on YouTube, in part because the
Flash player on the Outside Agents website wasn't at all accessible with a
screen reader.  It's also a great place where we can share work-arounds and
little tricks for getting that keyboard to let us access things like booking
engines, forms, etc., even when it doesn't want to! <Smile>  Not to mention
the fact that we can help agents to know about accommodations that their
clients with disabilities do and do not need! <Smile>

That's about all the pain meds will let me say about it for now, except to
give those of you who are members of Outside Agents the link to the forum:

http://agents.outsideagents.com/group/special-needs-club

I think this can be both informative and a lot of fun!  Be blessed! J

Jana