[Travelandtourism] Introduction

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 11:54:35 UTC 2014

Welcome Roanna:

Welcome to the travel and tourism talk list, I am Cheryl Echevarria,
president.

We have monthly teleconference meetings once a month, the next one is in
January.

We also have a website, www.nfbtravel.org, please go and register to get the
latest information when it is posted.

We also have how to join page, and officers of the division.

The talk list isn't very active though.

We are talking about National Convention in Orlando, FL, where we meet
face-to-face every year. We are looking this year to have a table on the
Exhibit Hall and looking for ideas to sell.

We are also looking at ideas for an evening event at one of the local dinner
shows in Orlando, I am currently in talks with President Riccobono to see
what we can do during the convention, normally we can do this either the day
before or after convention, but that would be July 4th, since the National
Convention is July 5-10.

We are also looking for ideas for a fundraiser trip for 2016. So far, we
don't have any ideas, and if nothing is decided so we can start planning
then we will do Utah again like we did in 2013. This was our 1st Fundraiser,
and brought in over $1400 to our division.

Any ideas would be wonderful.

Also remember traveling isn't just airlines, but all forms of travel, and
more.

Make sure you attend our next division meeting conference call January 20th,
2015 at 8pm Eastern Time. The call in number for all meets is   (805)
360-1000 and the access code is 871517#.  Please adjust time for your area
of the country.

Thank you and happy holiday

Cheryl Echevarria, President

National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division

A proud division of the

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"

www.nfbtravel.org

631-236-5138

cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria is also the owner of Echevarria Travel
www.echevarriatravel.com; 631-456-5394 or reservations at echevarriatravel.com
and  has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama