[Travelandtourism] Tips for traveling with my cane

Tammy Freitag ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 23:15:22 UTC 2014

Yes, they will have to scan your cane but I stand there, let them scan
it and have them hand it back to me.  I use pencil grip when I travel
in a crouded area.I don't know enough about your travel skill level to
offer suggestions.  You are allowed by law to keep your cane with you
during the flight.  A folding cane is convenient but I prefer my rigid
cane.  Since you will have to go through immigrations to check your
passport, keep it easily available.  Don't wear anything metal, it
will set off the sensors.  I find that easy on shoes speed up the
security check. Carry medicines in the carry on or purse.  Keep in
mind the sizes of liquids, gels and creams you carry on.  You are
allowed only 1 quart zip bag of these items.  I hope these suggestions
are helpful.  Do you have specific concerns?  I know I gave general
suggestions.
Happy traveling!

--
Independence is yours .  Are you willing to reach for it?
Tammy