[Travelandtourism] MP3 foreign language learning and other travel aps for the blind?

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 13:46:34 UTC 2014

Here are a few apps I can think of:
1. Say: Can't figure out how to say it in the language of the country?
Say has an autotranslate. This allows you to type something in one
language and have it spoken in another. For example, if you type
"Help1, where is the bathroom?" and choose Spanish, it will say
"Ayuda, dodne es el baño?" This is useful for simple phrases like that
example.
2. Lonely Planet: The guides in this app are great. I have only looked
at the free ones, but they do look very helpful with lots of
information about landmarks and restaurants and the like.
3. HearPlanet: Great for overviews of tourist attractions! It reads it
in a human voice.
4. MyTSA: This will update with the latest TSA information about what
you can and cannot take on a plane.

Depending on the language and culture, there are others. Let me know
what you need and I'll see what I can find. And sorry, but these are
all IOS apps. I apologize to Android users, but I have no clue there.
Jewel