[Travelandtourism] Updates for the 12 Annual Meeting of the Travel & Tourism Division

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:26:29 UTC 2014

Good afternoon everyone:
At the 12th Annual National Division Meeting of the NFB Travel & Tourism Division, a proud division of the National Federation of the Blind.
I have finalized an agreement Norwegian Cruise Lines, Cathy Vazquez, Disability Access Manger, to attend our meeting.
We may also have the Statler Center from Buffalo, speaking, which I will be finalizing at the end of the month, as well as, Mark Riccobono should his schedule be available to do so.
As well as other speakers, looking for people who went on the Utah Fundraiser Trip in October 2013. To give their full immersion of the trip. Each person, experienced different things on that trip.
We will also be having elections for all officers:
So far all officers have advised me that they will like to run again, but this is a democracy, and if you feel you can bring something to the division to make it stronger, we need you.
You need to be a paid member of this division. You do not need to be a travel professional, the only who is currently an officer and a travel professional is myself.
We do have advisers who were members that are in the division, like Mrs. Anahit LaBarre from CO.
Positions are up for election which is a 2 year term.
CurrentlyPresident - Cheryl Echevarria, NYVice President - Maurice Shackelford, GATreasurer - Glenda Farnum, OK - Mrs. Farnum was appointed in the interium and will be voted in by the members at National. Milton Taylor had to step down, we may here from him on the reasons which are very good ones to help the blind.Secretary - Margo Downey, NY
Board Members:
Ms. Amy Baron, MNMr. Jemal Powell, IL
We are in need or a 3rd board member as well.
Remember, we do all things related to travel, whether just traveling for fun, working in the profession, which I also plan to discuss at length in my presidential address at our meeting, and more than anything else. We advocate for other blind people to travel and enjoy travel.
Sincerely,
Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentNFB Travel & TourismNational Federation of the Blind631-236-5138info at nfbtravel.org

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateOffering the Best in Meaningful Travel Experiences for Everyone!Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Sign up for our e-newsletter by e-mailing us you first and last name, and e-mail address to reservations at echevarriatravel.com, let us know if you want just text or pictures in your e-mail.
Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama