[Travelandtourism] Washington, DC Trip October 10-13, 2014 leaving from NY

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed May 14 11:02:51 UTC 2014

Good morning everyone:
This is a fundraiser for the Greater Long Island Chapter of the NFB.  If you live in the tri-state area, such as CT, PA, NJ, anywhere close to NY City you are welcome to join us. You can fly into DC and meet us if you like, but unless I have 30 people leaving from NY, the trip cannot happen.
IF you are interested e-mail me at cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
You do not have to be blind or part of the NFB, this is a benefit for our chapter.  So pass it along!
This is Columbus Day Weekend, Friday October 10-13, 2014
$419 per person double occupancy, children are welcome over the age of 8, but not discounts on the kids. Single Occupancy please add $120
Deposits of $75 per person are needed asap, last date to receive deposits is June 25th, 2014, please do not wait until last minute to indicate you would like to go.
What is included on the trip?
Itinerary as follows
We will be departing Brentwood, NY at 8AM and depending on traffic at (Selis Manor) 135 West 23rd street, New York, 10011, between 6th and 7th avenues between 9-10AM.
What is included in this incredible Price:
• Motorcoach Transportation (included if needed Wheelchair lift for people permanently in wheelchairs.) Must let me know if this is essential. I would have to ask if the bus is available for date of travel.
• 3 Nights Lodging (hotel has not be decided yet, but the company uses such hotels as Holiday Inn, Best Western, and similar)
• 6 Meals: Breakfast and Dinner
• Our Tours feature
o World Word II Memorial
o Capital Hill
o Embassy Row
o The Korean War Veterans Memorial
o The Vietnam Veterans Memorial
o The Smithsonian
o The Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial
o The Lincoln Memorial and more!
• Two full-day Guided Tours of Washington, DC
• Evening Guided Memorial and Monument Tour
• Tips for Motorcoach Drive and Step-On Guides
Day 1: Depart your group's location in a spacious video and restroom equipped motorcoach as you head for your destination: Washington, D.C. our National Capital! Later that day, enjoy a relaxing Dinner and check into your Washington, D.C. area hotel.
Day 2: Enjoy a Continental Breakfast before departing for a full-day Guided Tour of Washington, D.C. Some of the awe-inspiring sights on this fantastic tour will include the US Capitol, the White House, the National Archives, Embassy Row, and Georgetown. During the day, you will see the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial, and several War Memorials. This evening, enjoy Dinner at a local restaurant before continuing on the Guided Memorial and Monuments Tour.
Day 3: Begin the day with a Continental Breakfast. Today's Guided Tour includes such poignant and inspirational sights as Arlington National Cemetery, including the Tomb of the Unknowns, and Kennedy Graves, as well as the Iwo Jima Memorial. You'll also enjoy a visit to the Smithsonian Institution. Later, you'll enjoy Dinner with entertainment before returning to your hotel for the night. If you would like to go to the Holocaust Museum instead of the Smithsonian (we will be here for 4 hours), it is a free museum and is 4 blocks away. That you can do on your own.
Day 4: Today, after enjoying a Continental Breakfast, you will depart for home... a perfect time to chat with your friends about all the fun things you’ve done, the great sights you’ve seen, and where your next group trip will take you!
Payment options check or money order made out to Echevarria Travel and mailed to:
Cheryl Echevarria, Echevarria Travel, 10 Aljan Drive, Brentwood, NY 11717
For more information, please call Cheryl or Nelson at 631-456-5394 or reservations at echevarriatravel.com
Thank you.

Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.nfbtravel.org
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Sign up for our e-newsletter by e-mailing us you first and last name, and e-mail address to reservations at echevarriatravel.com, let us know if you want just text or pictures in your e-mail.

Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama