[Travelandtourism] Exciting news I would like to share with my NFBFamily. I was nominated and elected Corresponding Secretaryof the Brentwood, NY Chamber of Commerce

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 16:51:29 UTC 2014

Peter and all:

The Chamber of Commerce is for those who are businesses in the community. I
still own my own business. The way the NFB chapters should  get involved, is
that at least with our Chamber there are many different membership levels, I
am a member under my business, and we have a second membership for the NFB
of Greater Long Island, for Suffolk County.

It may or may not help you get a job, but it let others out there know about
the blind and being involved in our local communities. It means going to
meetings, and being part of the community.

You can also join the chamber as a member of your local community without
being a business owner.

It is not a paid position, Peter.

But like anything you need to be involved.

I am president of a National Division with the NFB.

I will say that if people do not have time to be involved with their local
chapters or even the divisions that they pay to belong to. Be wary about
joining local organizations.

Again, you need to be involved.

Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
A proud division of the
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"
www.nfbtravel.org
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria is also the owner of Echevarria Travel
www.echevarriatravel.com; 631-456-5394 or reservations at echevarriatravel.com
and  has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama