[Travelandtourism] Question About Blind People and Language Imersion

Chris Jones clj1 at cableone.net
Wed Nov 26 05:43:51 UTC 2014

Dear Listers:
My name is Chris Jones and I am wondering if anyone has had experience in being imersed in a foreign language and how you may have gone about it as a blind person.  I am totally blind and a fluent Braille user.  I am hoping to go on a mission trip to Krakow, Poland and I do not know any Polish.  Years ago, I learned French, but I am not fluent in it now, and I know a little German, but, again, these are very different languages than Polish.
If anyone has any relevant experiences, I would very much like to hear from you.
Should you prefer to respond privately, my e-mail address is clj1 at cableone.net.
Thank you for your time.
Chris Jones