[Travelandtourism] Service animals in France and Spain

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:57:08 UTC 2015

Everyone experiences are different!

I have been to mostly the Caribbean, where you have English speaking Islands
Jamaica, St. Lucia, Grenada, Bahamas, Barbados.

You also have the French and Dutch Islands. St. Maarten, Martinique, Curacao
and many others.

On our monthly division meeting back in January, and we encourage you all to
come to our meetings, especially if you are on this list. We had spoken to
someone who had lost her vision and wants to travel to Europe and other
areas and finding about how accessible it was.

We all said back to her, is that if you know your mobility skills here in
the US, then you can travel anywhere.

That means learning to walk up steps instead of the elevators, if you can
that is, unless you have other disabilities other than blindness that is
preventing you from them.

Walk along cobble stone streets, or no streets at all, some places even here
in the US, we have these issues. The most important thing about traveling is
your mobility skills.

When you decide on where you want to go, explore the destinations you want
to go, yes starting here, but listening to the travel magazines, and books,
we have a few now on Newsline, which I was asked for magazines that can be
added to the program.

Read all the information about the destinations and places that you want to
go to.

Talk to a travel consultant that knows about that destination you are
seeking. If I don't know that destination, I will recommend you to a travel
professional that does know about that destination.

Do the trip you want, do you want to do a private tour with a driver, or
escorted group tour (which we love, we get to meet people from all walks of
life and more)

I can go on and on, but you need to plan a good 6 months to a year out when
you are thinking of going to Europe.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
A proud division of the
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"
www.nfbtravel.org
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria is also the owner of Echevarria Travel
www.echevarriatravel.com; 631-456-5394 or reservations at echevarriatravel.com
and  has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama