[Travelandtourism] How would a blind person prepare to travel alone for the first time?

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 11 18:33:28 UTC 2015

Roanna:

Well, 1st of all we have these discussions a lot on the division
teleconference calls, so I once again welcome all of you, all paid members
and non-paid members of the division to attend these calls, you have paid
for being members and would love to have you at our monthly meetings.
Sometimes things get lost in translations via e-mail.

2nd, when speaking with a client or we speaking as a division, we always ask
the person, how are your mobility skills, when you traveling locally, do you
travel with a sighted guide, a cane, guide dog, etc.

Do you know how to get around whether the streets are paved or are cobble
stones, or just none there?

When planning on traveling, always check out who, what, where, when and why
you are traveling?

The more you know about the places you are visiting the better, each state
is different, each country is different.

Traveling through the airports are easier now at least domestically, there
is something called the TSA Care Program, which we have up on our website,
and have spoken to many of my travelers about.

You call 72 hours prior to traveling to the TSA Cares.

The information is up on our website http://www.nfbtravel.org

Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
A proud division of the
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"
www.nfbtravel.org
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria
Travel is our specialty and offering the best of meaningful travel for all
ages is our passion!
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
reservations at echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394

Visit my website to get my FREE report, "Top 5 Good Reasons to Use a Travel
Professional"

I build my business on referrals. Please pass my details on to friends and
family members that deserve the best vacation that they can imagine

P.S. - Families of all sizes is my specialty. Whether you are just starting
out and looking for that romantic destination for your destination wedding
or honeymoon. Booking that planned family vacation to Walt Disney World or
that bucket list trip that Grandma  & Grandpa are planning for the family, I
would love to help you.

We have partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama