[Travelandtourism] Correction to the Meeting Date and Time of the Annual National Meeting at Convention

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun May 3 23:09:41 UTC 2015

http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/TRAVEL.html

Above is the link. Author Wendy David, book is called Sites Unseen:
Traveling the World Without Sight

Hope this helps. Also, the best way to find out more is to come to one of
our teleconference calls when we have our meetings. Possibly come to our
meeting at National Convention.

Also, ask any questions here. Since we can give you as many tips as
possibly.

Number 1 recommendation. Make sure you have proper mobility training, once
you have that down, you can travel anywhere in the world.

I hear all the a ha's there, but it's true. Yes you might need to know in
what direction to walk, or take a plane to get there, but all cane travel is
the same.

Since I have  not been blind all my life. You need to prepare just like the
sighted people by, planning your trip. We don't drive anywhere without maps.

If we are going on a cruise, ask for assistance getting familiar where you
are 1st, or in a new place. Ask for the tour of the location, so that you
are familiar with it.

That is the best advice I can give, just make sure your mobility skills are
up to par, and ask questions.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
A proud division of the
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"
www.nfbtravel.org
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria
Travel is our specialty and offering the best of meaningful travel for all
ages is our passion!
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
reservations at echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394

Visit my website to get my FREE report, "Top 5 Good Reasons to Use a Travel
Professional"

I build my business on referrals. Please pass my details on to friends and
family members that deserve the best vacation that they can imagine

P.S. - Families of all sizes is my specialty. Whether you are just starting
out and looking for that romantic destination for your destination wedding
or honeymoon. Booking that planned family vacation to Walt Disney World or
that bucket list trip that Grandma  & Grandpa are planning for the family, I
would love to help you.

We have partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama