[Travelandtourism] What's important to you as a blind air traveler?

Phil philso1003 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 04:49:11 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

My name is Phil. Hope everyone is doing well. This is my first time
posting to the Travel and Tourism list but certainly not my first time
posting to nfbnet lists. smile
I’d like to hear your opinion on this…
I’m doing a research project on blind and visually impaired people’s
air travel experience. In particular I’d am trying to compile a list
of things that you consider would make an booking website, airline or
airport “blind-friendly”. Besides obvious things like not barring a
blind passenger from boarding, accessible kiosks and accessible apps,
what other things are important for you as a blind or visually
impaired traveler? It can be both things that are already being done
or you wish someday they would do, and it can be both
technology-related or staff or corporate policy or even marketing.
I’m trying to look at this from all 360 degrees and compile a long
list, so please feel free to list as many things as you can think of
and as brief or detailed as you wish!
Let’s share and see what each other think!
Thanks everyone!

Best,
Phil