[Travelandtourism] Member and non-member information and updates

Justin Young jty727 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:59:38 UTC 2015

Hello:

My responses to the questions would be the following:

What is your name? Justin Young

 Are you an NFB member? Yes

If so what state & Chapter? Member at Large through the National
Office, but hoping to get more involved in the New York State
Affiliate.

 Are you attending the National Convention? Unfortunately I am unable
to attend this year, but it is my goal to attend one in the future.

 Have you attended one of our teleconferences, we have one at least
once a month? No, but perhaps sometime in the future I will be able
to.

 Have you attended the Meeting at National Convention in the past. No

 Do you belong to a committee in your state, whether locally or
throughout your state? Nothing officially, but a few years ago I tried
to work with my County Legislature member on transportation/traffic
initiatives.

 Are you on a committee or advisory board with the bus, airlines,
train, cruise lines?  Not currently, but I am in the process of
looking into this matter.

 Do you want to know more about the Travel & Tourism Division?  Yes-
always enjoy learning from other's experiences.

Hope that helps,

Justin

On 5/6/15, Cheryl Echevarria via Travelandtourism
<travelandtourism at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> [...]
> month? Yes - We are also looking to use nfblive.org to have meetings in the
> future
>
> Have you attended the Meeting at National Convention in the past.
> Yes been a member of the division since 2010
>
> Do you belong to a committee in your state, whether locally or throughout
> your state? Yes I am on a committee here in the town of Brentwood, NY where
> I live that works with my local town Legislator about improving the able
> ride program, and also other issues within our town.
>
> Are you on a committee or advisory board with the bus, airlines, train,
> cruise lines? I have been on the Norwegian Cruise Lines Travel Agent
> University Board from 2012-2014. It is a 2 year term. Where I helped
> implement Braille and other services with the cruise lines.
>
> Currently working with Sandals Resorts (Sandals for couples only, Beaches
> for everyone by Sandals, and Grand Pineapple Resort (economy product from
> Sandals Resorts) travel agent committee on improving accessibility and
> training their employees.
>
> Actively work with the country of Bermuda with Lions International of New
> York State to improve services for the blind.
>
> Do you want to know more about the Travel & Tourism Division?
>
> I learn from all of you. Remember there is no I in the word team, and NFB is
> a family we work together. You do not have to be a travel professional to
> change things in travel.
>
> Here is information about the division below.
>
> http://nfbtravel.org/home-page/
>

> Cheryl Echevarria, President
> National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
> A proud division of the
> NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"
> www.nfbtravel.org
> 631-236-5138
> cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

> between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
> blindness is not what holds you back.
>

> Cheryl Echevarria
> Travel is our specialty and offering the best of meaningful travel for all
> ages is our passion!
> http://www.echevarriatravel.com
> reservations at echevarriatravel.com
> 631-456-5394
>
> Visit my website to get my FREE report, "Top 5 Good Reasons to Use a Travel
> Professional"
>
> I build my business on referrals. Please pass my details on to friends and
> family members that deserve the best vacation that they can imagine
>
> P.S. - Families of all sizes is my specialty. Whether you are just starting
> out and looking for that romantic destination for your destination wedding
> or honeymoon. Booking that planned family vacation to Walt Disney World or
> that bucket list trip that Grandma  & Grandpa are planning for the family, I
> would love to help you.
>
> We have partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
> braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/travelandtourism_nfbnet.org/philso1
>>> 0